My name is Anita. In one sentence, I am a mature solo traveling career woman from Latvia.
I like cities and architecture, nature and hiking in the mountains. I like classical music and art, mostly paintings. I am also interested to learn something about the culture of the place I visit. My special interest is traveling by scenic railways, for example in Japan, Switzerland and elsewhere. I try to add some musical experiences to my travels as well, preferably something local. When traveling I mostly fly to the destination and then use public transport only rarely renting a car. I like comfort while traveling, I try to get the best value for money. Thus far I have visited 52 counties, European and Asian mostly, but also the US, Marocco, Kenya, New Zealand and Australia.
I plan all my trips by myself, and I'm fond of detailed plans with schedules and lists of sights to visit. But I may settle for a brief outline if the destination is a familiar place I keep coming back to. In most cases, I stick to my plan to some 80%.
My most memorable travel experiences to date:
- My first solo trip to Paris 2005
- My first trip to Asia, Japan 2006
My favorite places
Hua Hin Thailand, Rainbow mountains, China, Tea plantations in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia, Uluru, Australia, Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Bryce Canyon, Utah, USA, Cappadocia, Turkey, Geiranger fjord, Norway, Paradise Cave, Vietnam, Coron, The Philippines, Meteora, Greece, Waiotapu Thermal Area, New Zealand North Island.
Attending a cultural performance in Whakarewarewa Living thermal village, Rotorua, New Zealand, 2014
- A child laughing at me at the Longsheng Rice Terraces guesthouse, an adult woman not knowing how to use chopsticks
- How I did not fly to Thailand because rebels were taking over the Bangkok airport
- Feeling very happy in the middle of nowhere in China when a Chinese minivan driver agreed to bring me to my hotel, holding 10 fingers up
- Sadness after I missed my plane from London Heathrow to Edinburgh because I'd lost my way in the underground – first time I had ever missed a plane!
- Almost drowning in a strong current in Saklikent Gorge, Turkey
A few minutes before current brought me away in Saklikent river canyon, Turkey, 2012
About my blog
- My blog The Sane Travel founded in 2015 is all about giving inspiration for readers’ own journeys, no matter how big or small. The aim of the blog is to give readers confidence in their ability to travel solo and independently. Every post is filled with practical information and stunning photos for ideas for readers’ future travels. As you can notice there are several parts on my website: the first is the picture Galleries which give the overall impression about my trips. My special liking is taking the pictures from the airplane window. It is why I always ask Window seat, please. Travel section is describing my travels. Hotels etc. are reviews of the hotels and the other kinds of the accommodation where I have stayed. I mostly include the reviews of the hotels I would recommend if there is no opposite statement in the review. Travel posts have links to galleries and hotels about particular travel. There are hotels and galleries which have no direct relation to any travel article. I hope you will get inspiration and ideas for your future travels. I am open to your questions and recommendations.
Work with me
- My blog has about 9,6K monthly page views and this number is growing. Demographics: female: 64%, 25-44 years of age: 61%. Top three visiting countries: US 22%, UK 7%, Latvia 6%. For more information download my media kit clicking this link. As I can plan my time quite freely I would be happy to offer my services including press and media trips, sponsored posts, reviews, advertising affiliates. Contact me for more information by clicking this link.
Other bloggers about me
- I have been interviewed few times by fellow travel blogger about my travels. You can read the interview by Simona from Sygic Travel with me clicking this link. For your interest, you can find one more interview about my solo travel in China by Lauren Salisbury under this link.
I definitely do not want to have my picture with all the sights I visit, nor do I take any selfies. I am mostly behind the camera myself. Still, I have a few pictures of me on my travels, and you can see them here:
In the desert near Arabian Nights Village, United Arab Emirates, 2015
Tandem paragliding Oludeniz, Turkey, 2012
Jiuzhaigou national park, Tibetan village, China, 2013
Hiking Tiger Leaping Gorge, China 2010
Near Lee river China, 2009
Author: Anita Sāne
About the author
Anita is a part-time traveler, passionate photographer and a mature career woman from Latvia, traveling mostly solo for more than 10 years. She is a skilled travel planner planning and executing her travels by herself. Anita wants to show you how to travel the world and open your mind to new experiences. Follow her also on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Bloglovin.