Hello! My name is Anita. In one sentence, I am a mature solo traveling career woman from Latvia. I work full time and do my traveling on holidays and weekends. I plan all my trips by myself, and I'm fond of detailed plans with schedules and lists of sights to visit. But I may settle for a brief outline if the destination a familiar place I keep coming back to. In most cases I stick to my plan to some 80%.
I mostly travel solo, but sometimes take one or two companions along. I usually reach the destination by plane and then travel around by public transport, or, in rare cases, rent a car. I tend to stay at 3 to 5 star hotels, with some exceptions. I like nature and hiking very much. I also like classical art museums and have visited plenty. I try to add some musical experiences to my travels as well, preferably something local. Thus far I have visited 46 countries, European and Asian mostly, but also the US, Marocco, New Zealand and Australia.
My most memorable travel experiences to date:
- My first solo trip to Paris 2005
- My first trip to Asia, Japan 2006
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Lake Como, Italy
- The Mosque–Cathedral of Córdoba two in one, Spain
- Lee river, China
- Tea plantations in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
- Uluru, Australia
- California ocean shore, USA
- Longsheng rice terraces, China
- Angkor wat, Cambodia
- Bryce canyon, Utah, USA
- Queenstown, New Zealand
- Waiotapu Thermal Area, New Zealand North Island
- A child laughing at me at the Longsheng Rice Terraces guesthouse, an adult woman not knowing how to use chopsticks
- How I did not fly to Thailand because rebels were taking over the Bangkok airport
- Feeling very happy when a Chinese minivan driver agreed to bring me to my hotel, holding 10 fingers up
- Sadness after I missed my plane from London Heathrow to Edinburgh because I'd lost my way in the underground – first time I had ever missed a plane!
I definitely do not want to have a picture with all the sights I visit, nor do I take any selfies. I am mostly behind the camera myself. Still I have a few pictures of me on my travels, and you can see them here.
Attending cultural performance in Whakarewarewa Living thermal village, Rotorua, New Zealand, 2014
In the desert near Arabian Nights Village, United Arab Emirates, 2015
Saklikent river canyon, Turkey, 2012
Tandem paragliding Oludeniz, Turkey, 2012
Jiuzhaigou national park, Tibetan village, China, 2013
Hiking Tiger Leaping Gorge, China 2010
Near Lee river China, 2009